Briefly, the services offered through our dedicated team can be divided into groups as follows:
- Advice on any works required for compliance prior to bringing the property to market
- Rental, deposit and utilities advice
- Sourcing suitable tenants, primarily through links with university, by word of mouth or after advertising if required
- Always undertake accompanied viewings including evenings and week ends
- Obtaining financial and personal references, also from guarantors
- Preparing all the necessary documentation and issuing to tenants for signing
- Issuing tenants with Welcome Pack on entry providing useful information about their occupation of the property
- Invoicing and collection of initial deposit and thereafter on going rental
- Lodging deposits with approved scheme holder
- Regular financial statements to landlord of income and any expenditure incurred
- We recommend a delegated threshold for expenditure to allow landlords freedom from hassle about repairs
- Regular inspection of the properties to ensure tenants are complying with the terms of their lease
- Arranging works as they arise during a tenancy through our Maintenance department and ensuring value for money obtained
- Offering proactive planned maintenance advice on the overall building as well as ensuring works in between tenancies completed to provide the best platform for letting
- We manage a significant number of properties under the Houses in Multiple Occupation legislation and can offer a service to prepare properties under the current requirements, submit applications for licences, and thereafter undertake necessary inspections and monitoring to ensure both landlord’s and tenant’s compliance with the terms of the licence.
- Through our network of local contractors we offer an efficient and cost effective source of tradesmen to undertake all types of internal and external work to managed properties. All contractors are qualified and registered with the appropriate trade bodies.
We pride ourselves that HMJ Properties Ltd, goes beyond the general management regime to offer an excellent extended comprehensive service
Our careful and thorough selection process minimizes any potential problems.
Both tenants and owners can feel safe in the knowledge that they receive the same friendly and efficient service.
Therefore, we aim to resolve any emergent problems and difficulties swiftly and discuss any arising issues with owners and tenants immediately so as to avoid complications.
All maintenance is carried out by our own teams (including a 24hr emergency call out basis), to the highest of standards and at very reasonable rates.
We also offer cleaning services between tenancies.
For further information or an informal chat please contact us.